Thursday, April 26, 2018

OUGD602 - PPP Presentation Notes

When it comes to presentations I get extremely nervous beforehand, therefore, I find it extremely useful to practice multiple times beforehand to not only ensure I know exactly what I'm talking about but to also make sure I'm within the time frame as usually, it tends to go a lot slower than you think. I practised the presentation at least 4 times before the real thing to ensure it was around the 10min mark. 

Notes:

Slide 1

- Introduction to my personal practice 

Slide 2 

- Talk about Design Manchester and Glug - engagement with industry 

Slide 3 

- Integrate advice from Emily Forgot with my aims for this year

Slide 4

- Showcase the style I've developed in Level 4 and 5
- Talk about how I'm trying to get away from it

Slide 5

- Portfolio workshop at craft agency and the advice they gave me

Slide 6

- Showcase the work I am fond of from other designers and what I'm aspiring for my work to be like. 

Slide 7

- Show the work I have completed this year to prove how I've moved away from illustration in Level 6

- Talk about how I aim to continue my practice

Slide 8

- Introduction to professional practice and engagement with industry 

Slide 9

- Talk about experience working at Penguin over the summer

Slide 10

- Show the range of book covers I worked on

Slide 11

- Show the other sorts of briefs I worked on 

Slide 12

- Talk about involvement on Roger McGough 80

Slide 13

- First experience showing my work in a porfolio at branding agency William Murray Hamm
- Missed their email for about 3 weeks because they'd messaged me on LinkedIn and I wasn't very active

Slide 14

- Joined LinkedIn to ensure I wouldn't miss anymore opportunities and to engage myself more with the creative industries

Slide 15

- Email from University for iTunes internship 

Slide 16 

- Updating website, CV and Instagram to create a more professional application 

Slide 17 

- HireView interview practice. Recording yourself beforehand is a good tip to practice speaking to a camera and noticing any bad habits you may have. 

Slide 18

- Assessment day in London, talk about the process 

Slide 19

- Talk about the structure of the day 

Slide 20

- Talk about waiting for the results

Slide 21

- Getting the call, starting on the 25th June

Slide 22

- Going to New York in June so planning on contacting some studios for a studio visit such as Ro and Co. 

Slide 23

- Any questions? 

Evaluation 

Overall I'm pleased with how the presentation went. I remembered everything that I wanted to say and didn't let my nerves get the better of me. I also managed to finish just within the time at 9 mins 30 seconds which means my practice paid off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment