Friday, May 11, 2018

OUGD602 - Self Branding - Finished Collateral

As I am a multidisciplinary designer my work features a range of different styles and I enjoy experimenting with a number of different processes. Therefore I wanted my branding to be sleek and minimal, acting as a blank canvas to let my work do the talking.


In keeping with the bright, white and minimalist theme of my website and CV, my business cards act as an invitation to be doodled on and customised. Featuring only crop marks, a colour bar and registration marks, the blank space in the middle mean I could potentially make every card unique by adding additional decoration such as stickers or a hand-drawn illustration.



The font used is Houschka, a clean and legible modern sans serif typeface which shares the humanist qualities of Gill Sans and Johnston but retains a uniquely charming character of its own. The monolinear structure, rounded corners and rolling curves give Houschka a soft and friendly appearance, which will hopefully make me come across as an approachable designer and collaborato
r.



The same clean, minimal style can be found on my website which also uses the font Houschka throughout for continuity. Descriptions and headings are cut down to the bare essentials to make the browsing experience less cluttered.

The images on my website are all professionally taken and feature a carefully selected range of shots to showcase the projects in a clean and clear
way.


My other forms of social media such as LinkedIn and Behance also flow seamlessly together with my branding by featuring the same icon and work as Instagram.

My LinkedIn page is slightly different, featuring a picture of my face as the icon, as this creates a more trustworthy account and enables visitors to put a name to the face.



My design Instagram account features a structured grid consisting of 3 related posts in a row to make the feed look neater and to showcase different aspects of the project simultaneously.

The icon at the top matches my buisness card by featuring a registration mark symbol
.







No comments:

Post a Comment