Monday, October 12, 2015

LIGHT NIGHT [ Event ]

Friday was 'Light Night' in Leeds, with events spanning across the city relating to both light and art.

I saw 2 and a half events on the night which were:
  1. Light projections on the Vernon Street building. I was slightly annoyed because I heard rumours that there would be iPads that the public could draw on which would then get projected onto the side of the building but there weren't when I got there...
  2. A 30 minute long video called 'a year in the life of the sun' by Uni-of physics students in Leeds Cathedral.  The instillation was compiled of images taken from NASA's Solar Dynamic Observatory, to represent a year in the life of the sun, hence the name.


and the 'half' was a fire show outside the Town Hall. I couldn't actually see half of it because I'm too short. 

Overall I wish I'd taken the time to research what was going on before heading in to town as it was so busy that it was hard to navigate where I was going/ find the good events happening. However I loved the overall atmosphere of everywhere and the sense of community it created.

No comments:

Post a Comment