Thursday, May 4, 2017

OUGD502 - Studio Brief 02 - Finished Poster Designs

The final product effectively communicates the tone of voice of the interviews and is appropriate for what the content of the interviews covers.

The range has the potential to be expanded to interview any design studio, big or small with the same format on the posters shown here - Interview on the back, piece of design advice on the front.

The Posters could be distributed in various design shops such as Colours May Vary and Village book store in Leeds, Moonko, The Botanical Gardens and the Sheffield Art Institute in Sheffield aswell as online.

The project could also be extended into social media with corresponding instagram accounts and blogs interviewing creatives not just from Sheffield.

In hindsight I wish I had wrote a short paragraph of information on each studio to go alongside the interview as it would have given a bit more context into who I was interviewing for people who weren’t familiar with the studios or their work. This is something I would add if I was to revisit the project. Other than that I am really pleased with how to posters turned out and how the entire experience of interviewing the creatives went. The process has been invaluable to both me and my practice.


I'm really pleased with how the foiling turned out and the entire design is really, clean bold but engaging. 




Evaluation:

At the start of the brief, I was really excited to start getting in touch with creatives from the industry and found that if I was confident and articulate with my choice of words, getting a response from them was usually successful. I definitely think contacting them by phone was a good way of getting an initial positive interaction and is an approach I will use again in the future. Researching the creatives and studios first is definitely the key to good cooperation. 

Hearing the studios responses to my questions gave me some excellent advice and will change the way I view and approach design.

For the design of my creative report, I wanted something more considered than just a publication as I didn't think it most appropriate for the studios that I was representing. I think the concept I have come up with links the reports I gathered from the three studios nicely and has created an outcome that will be beneficial to both me and other students in my position. Designing the posters was a much 
more informed and appropriate response than a publication would have been. 

Overall I have really engaged with this brief and I have got a lot out of it, I'm hoping that I will continue to engage with studios, designers etc. going into 3rd year. I want to send my reports back to the 3 studios for them to keep and potentially put up on the walls of their studios. Although each interview was slightly different I felt like I made a connection with each of the studios and seemed to share the same values of each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment