Thursday, January 14, 2016

OUGD402 - Studio Brief 2 - Brief

The Brief - 'Design, develop and produce self branding that effectively communicates and promotes you as an individual, designer and learner. To inform your design decisions you should reflect upon your learning aspirations and design direction. You should aim to communicate the context of your interests by referencing specific designers, studios, principles and audiences where necessary.

You should use this brief as an opportunity to explore, develop and demonstrate content, processes and areas of design that interest you at this point in time and may indicate your emerging creative concerns in Graphic Design'.


This brief is going to be a challenging one for me as it is extremely personal and all the design work will be based on my evolving practice as a young designer. I will have to discover my preferred areas of design and start to consider what design aspects I like to specialize in, finding a unique selling point about my work. The brief also requires me to visually represent myself by creating my own style of brand that suits the way I like to work.

Additionally the deliverables for this brief are my own choice. So long as the requirements are met I can choose what pieces of design to produce that will best represent me and my developing practice.


These are the essential targets that must be met for the project:


• Select or modify a typeface to used to display your name.
• Colour swatch.
• Typeface (display and body copy)
• Presentation template (grid)

These are also questions I need to refer back to throughout the duration of this project to enable my self branding successfully covers all these topics.

- Who are you now? 

- What have you learned? 

- What skills do you have?

- What do you know? 

- What do you believe? 

On top of this I must also consider:

-What information do you need to include? 

-What formats can you use to effectively communicate or promote this information? 

-What tone of voice best reflects you, your practice anf your ambitions?

-What experiences have shaped your opinions and views both in and outside of the programme?
-What are your creative concerns, opinions and beliefs and how do you communicate these practically, conceptually a practically?

- What has informed these decsions and who are the contextual references that reflect your individual focus?

- What is 'Brand You'? Your visual identity will help tie the information together. 

- What fonts, formats, colours and production methods will help communicate and enhance your content.

No comments:

Post a Comment