Sunday, February 12, 2017

OUGD502 - Studio Brief 02 - Inspiration for interview Questions

When preparing a set of interview questions to ask the 3 studios which I had contacted I looked for inspiration from a number of design websites and blogs which constantly interviewed creatives. 

Design boom ask a good variety of questions which would generate interesting material for a report. Here is one interview I took inspiration from.

Another website who often conduct websites with creatives is Cool Hunting. Here are a list of their best interviews from 2016. This quote from the sight highlights an important message when it comes to interviewing someone: 

'As a journalist, one immediately knows when an interview is going well. There is an understanding, or even connection, between the subject and an interviewer. One's goal is never to land a quote that makes a point but to have a substantial dialogue that yields new ideas and truths.' - Cool Hunting

I really want my interview to be more like a friendly conversation with a good flow of interesting questions. This will be important for building a relationship with the studios which I am interviewing which will hopefully be beneficial to me after I graduate, building a large network of contacts who I can keep in touch with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment