Tuesday, March 21, 2017

OUGD501 - Studio Brief 01 - Part 2 - Presentation

I don't really get nervous before presenting however the second I stand up and start talking in front of the class I sometimes tend to stumble and trip over my words a little bit. However I don't think it came across as too obvious to the rest of the group. 

I didn't use notes or bullet points as the slides on the board were enough of a prompter to remember what I wanted to cover in the presentation. The main thing I was worried about was the time limit, however I came in within the designated time slot. 

Below is an issuu of the presentation. In terms of design of the presentation I wanted to keep it simple and consistent, introducing a lot of white space, rather than full bleed images like I usually do. This is because the flash of white between slides keeps viewers engaged and looking at the board and not me. 

I was happy with the pace of the presentation as it kept everyone engaged in what I was saying. I also passed around physical copies of the happy newspaper which I had mentioned in the presentation for the group to look through. 

The bright colours, bold images and lack of writing on the slides made for a more visually engaging presentation. As the projectors in the classrooms are not of the highest quality, it is better to use contrasting colours for the background and type and it is found that black and white work best, hence why it was used.

The feedback from my presentation was good, I was told that I spoke well, covered a lot of information and that the speed and the way I spoke was suitable. I feel like I could improve my stage presence by looking at the audience rather than the screen more when I talked and not standing so much behind the computer to move the slides along but overall I'm happy with how it went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment