Wednesday, February 28, 2018

OUGD602 - Client Work - Poster for ProjectOn - Networking Event

At the iTunes assessment day I got talking to Lily, a fine art student from Oxford Brooks who had recently got funding for a networking event for young creatives in Oxford. After finding out I was a graphic designer she asked if I could redesign the poster for the event to which I agreed and she sent me some images and the information for the event. 

This was the original poster they were using - 'we like the trees but we got feedback from some people who said they wouldn't know what the event was, so we thought maybe an installation shot would give more away, would loove if you wanna go completely different and do some digital drawings or anything like that tho!' 


Original Poster

Shots of the space and previous images used

Image of the projection installation
After hearing the feedback Lily had recieved I decided to use a shot of the installation as the focal point of the poster because it looked really cool and made it a bit more clear what the event was about. Going for a more minimal look I reduced the point size of the information and used a clean, geometric sans serif font as to not distract from the image. As the event was called ProjectOn I had to play around with a few different ways of designing the header so it looked as if it was meant to be spelt that way as I got feedback that it looked like they'd spelt projection wrong. Below is the first draft of the poster I sent to Lily. 


Feedback: 'We looove your design! Big big fan, especially your text, we are now thinking we aren't so keen on our image tho haha could you change the background to this on (below) think it will go so much better with your text. Sorry for the faff! We really love it!'

I changed the image and also reduced the size of the O in projectOn because changing the colour did the same job as separating out the word and looked a lot sleeker. 


Feedback: omg looks greaaat! you da best gonna post it everywhereee thanks so much Beth xx 

This was a a really fun quick brief to do and I'm glad Lily liked the poster. We've planned to do a redesign for the next event which should allow me to play around more with the design. 



No comments:

Post a Comment